Ir al contenido principal

1. WHO AM I?

 Welcome everyone to your first blogging assignment. As you might have noticed in the title of this post, you'll have to write a short autobiography. In order to accomplish this task, you'll have to introduce yourself to the class and include this information in your own creation:

  • Who are you?
  • Where are you from?
  • Tell us a little about yourself
  • Tell us a little about your family, and hometown
  • Upload pictures you would like to describe in connection with your life story

Don't forget that: 
  1. Your text should have no less than 120 words
  2. Leave a comment on three of your classmates' posts + another one on mine too.

I was born in Talcahuano, Chile, on July 15, 1987. I have one sister only. Her name is Daniela, she's younger than me and is a teacher of biology. She's not married and has one daughter.  I'm the oldest sister but also the oldest cousin, so I grew up believing that I was a “protector of the realm”, at times.
I think I come from a typical middle-class family in that my parents had to make a huge effort to give their daughters the chances that they didn't have when they were younger.
I carried out my primary studies in a little school called "Helen Keller Adams" in Hualpén and my secondary studies in a high school called "Liceo Las Salinas" in Talcahuano. About my school days, I can only say that, back in those days, I liked going to school and sharing with my friends, but I hated giving oral presentations because I was very shy – I blushed all the time. After finishing my school days, I didn't really know what to do with my life. However, I applied to three different university programs on my last year of high school: Translation, Teaching of English and Social work. So, I turned out committing myself to study English and French translation at university. I did my bachelor's degree at the University of Concepción. It was not easy, but I finally made it. Once I had a couple of years working as a teacher of English, I decided to take an international certification in teaching English to students of other languages (TESOL) to become a more highly qualified teacher -I hope- and, in turn, be capable of sharing with others what I've learnt.
When I'm not working, I enjoy listening to music, reading, watching series or films, and spending time with my family and friends. You will find some pictures below.


A very young me, visiting "El Huascar" in Talcahuano

A picture of my beloved alma mater


A picture of Caleta Lenga, in Hualpén, where you can eat delicious empanadas!

Comentarios

  1. Hello teacher, how are you, I hope very well. I find it very interesting that you used to be very shy and now you are so good at speaking. I always wanted to visit Talcahuano, hopefully someday I can go there. Greetings! I like your class very much.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I didn't know that you were from Talcahuano, it seems a very calm and beatiful place, I hope that one day I can visit "El Huascar" too!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Oh! I went to "El huascar" when I went on my school trip, I remembered i am so scared for the movemente of the ship and i was so close to fall. It's a place really fascinating.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi! I have never been in Talcahuano but it look very beautiful, so I hope to visit one day and taste the delicious empanadas.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm from Chile too! I agree with you, I also hate giving oral presentations, I'm very shy too. I hope one day to meet your hometown and eat those delicious empanadas.
    XOX

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hello teacher Gloria!! I really hope can go to Caleta Lenga and eat that delicious empanadas 🥟 You have to recommend me a place to eat it! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hi teacher! I really like your blog <3
    I never been near Talcahuano or Hualpén, but i think, for the photos that you post, that they are a really good places where you can enjoy and relax.
    If u dont mind, can u recommend me some series or films to watch when i have some free time?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. My favourites series are: Game of Thrones, That 70s show, Peaky blinders, Vicious, The big bang theory, Two and a half men, The vampire diaries, Friends and my new favourite, House of Dragon :D

      Eliminar
  8. Hello teacher!! Talcahuano look so beatiful, and we have something common, my parents too working hard for my future and for the chances to get ahead. One question, what is your favorite band?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. My favourites are The beatles and the Chilean band Los Bunkers

      Eliminar
  9. hiiii teacher I visited very recently the city of talcahuano I really like the place, because of the different atractions, like the Caletas where I bougth a chesse empanada. But for me the best thing in the city are the boats rides.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hi teacher! How are you? I found your presentation very interesting. I have never been to Talcahuano but it looks beautiful. I also like empanadas, Do you know if vegan empanadas are sold in Talcahuano? Hahaha. XOXO.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Hi i dont know what to write, i never been in Talcahuano, but i like the Empanadas.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. hello, your family and Talcahuano seems like a great place to grow and develop, I hope you are well <3

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Hello teacher! I am very, very happy to learn more about you. I was great to read that you are the big sister, personally i think that big brothers are amazing, they have a unique "super power" ❤️‍🩹Talcahuano is already on my list of future vacations!

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Hello teacher, wooow, I didn't know that the Huascar was in Talcahuano, I hope to go one day.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Hi teacher! One day I would like to go to Talcahuano and see the nearby beaches that I have been told are very beautiful.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

2. WHY DID I CHOOSE MY MAJOR?

W elcome dear bloggers! This is your second blogging assignment. This time, you will have to tell us what you study and explain why you decided to embark on the course you are currently studying for. You should then consider including this information: What was your dream job when you were a child? What other study options did you have at the moment of applying to university? What made you decide on this major in the end? How has your experience at university been until now? Upload pictures Remember: Your text should have no less than  130  words. Leave a comment on three of your classmates' posts and on your teacher's post as well. It happened to be at a very early age that I wanted to do so many things. I thought I had the potential and freedom to do whatever I wanted to. I wanted to become an actress, a fashion designer, a spaceship pilot, an architect, a painter, a singer, a president, etc. As you can see, everything was very well connected. XD As I started focusing on choo

5. CHOICE OF TWO TOPICS (CHOOSE ONE OF THE TWO)

He llo, bloggers! Welcome to your fifth  and last  blogging assignment of the semester! This time, you will be able to choose between the following two topics to write your own blog posts: Topic A:  Tell us about a career-oriented website you enjoy visiting. Include this information: Describe the website and provide the link. How often do you visit it? Explain why you like the site. Who would you recommend it to? Upload pictures Topic B:  Tell us about an expert/person in your field that you admire. Include this information: Why do you admire this person? What has this person done/contributed? Provide a short biography of this person Upload pictures Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on mine too. Word Count: 150 words   TOPIC B Most people fail to learn a language before they even begin. Want to know why? Because they haven't gone on a journey with Dr. Shane Dixon. Dr. Dixon is a beloved language instructor and the primary designer of the Arizona State Univers